ST TROPEZ SPRAY TAN
We know the sun is good for the soul, but not necessarily for the skin. A St Tropez spray tan isn't just a guarantee you'll have a perfect, long-lasting, natural looking tan. It's also a lovely pampering treat, perfect for making you feel as good as you'll look. Every beauty therapist that uses St Tropez is highly trained to get the very most out of every product, to ensure you get the perfect tan every time..
We use only the best products that mimics the skins natural colour and helps give a warm glow within 2-3 hours. No orangey fakeness here, thank you. The colour we produce for you is a subtle and gorgeous sun kissed tone, guaranteed to make you look fresh from a beach holiday.
PREPARING FOR A ST TROPEZ SALON TREATMENT
St Tropez is a Salon treatments for a professional and flawless tan
For a flawless finish, there's nothing quite like a professional touch - that's why our salon treatments are as popular as ever. Choose from the hand-applied Original Treatment for a rich, bronze long-lasting glow or a Spray Tan which delivers a flawless finish in minutes.
Spray tan treatment
The St. Tropez Spray Tan Treatment is the quickest way to get a professional finish. Delivered in around 15 minutes, the spray is quick drying and now features Aromaguard fragrance technology which eliminates the tell-tale self tan aroma by a minimum of 70%.
Before treatment advice:
-Skin should be free from self tan, perfume, deodorant and aromatherapy oils
-Waxing or shaving should be completed at least 24 hours prior to the treatment
-The evening or morning before your treatment, exfoliate your entire body with St. Tropez Body Polish. Pay special attention to dry areas of your body such as hands, elbows, knees and feet
-Wear dark, loose fitting clothing with dark coloured underwear. The guide colour may stain light hair, man-made fibres and wool
-We recommend you have a patch test prior to every treatment
After treatment advice:
-Do not shower or bathe for a minimum of 4 hours after your treatment
-Do not participate in any activity which may cause perspiration for at least 12 hours after the treatment
-The guide colour can be left on overnight although it may transfer onto bed linen. It will wash out of cotton, but not so easily from man-made fibres or wool
Keep your tan looking gorgeous for longer:
-Apply St. Tropez Body Moisturiser or St. Tropez Body Butter daily
-Exfoliate your skin with St. Tropez Body Polish every 2-3 days to ensure even fading
-After showering pat the skin dry rather than rubbing
-Avoid swimming pools as chlorine can bleach the tan
Odourless, authentic and hydrating tanning treatments from Bliss Beauty salon.
Our unique tanning formula allows your tan to last much longer, enabling you to maintain that sexy summer radiance all year round. We will give your body that fabulous healthy glow without the risk of damage to your skin. We will buff, moisturise and hydrate to give you the most luxurious tanning treatment around. Whats more, our tanning treatment doesnt leave you with an unpleasant smell.
We can do both full body tanning or half body tanning, and we use a top quality St Tropez formula to create a top quality body tan. For a really luxurious treatment, our St Tropez spray tan procedure gives you sun-kissed skin within 2-3 hours, using a formula that mimicks the skins natural colour so no one but you knows its supplementary.
Not only will you achieve a lasting, natural radiance, but your skin will be left feeling soft and supple and glowing with health.
Tanning tips for the perfect tan:
1. If youre a tanning junkie, make sure you exfoliate regularly to avoid build up as several layers of tan can result in an uneven result.
2. If youre waxing or shaving before tanning, make sure you do so more than 24 hours before your tan.
3.When youre tanning give yourself a good all-over polish and apply plenty of moisturiser the night before to get your skin as silky as possible.
4. Wear loose, dark clothing and avoid tight-fitting underwear. Anything thats pressing on the skin may make the results a bit patchy.
St Tropez Frequently asked questions:
Q. What do I need to do prepare my skin before applying St Tropez Tan?
You will need to clean and exfoliate the skin thoroughly, then moisturise difficult areas only, such as knees, ankles, elbows etc.
Q. How dark is it on really fair/pale skin?
For people with really fair skin the product will give them a natural healthy glow, for a deeper tan a second application may need to be applied. St Tropez tan will obviously look darker on people with olive skin.
Q. What should I wear whilst I'm waiting for the tan develop?
It is advised to wear loose baggy clothing, so the tan does not rub off by abrasive clothing.
Q. How long should I wait before showering?
A minimum of 3 hours.
Q. Does the tan go orange?
No. The formulation has a tint of green in it which prevents the tan from going orange.
Q. How long will the tan last for?
Some people report tans lasting up to two weeks. On average we recommend that a tan will last a minimum of 7 - 10 days.
Q. Do you think I should attend the salon first before using the product myself?
Many customers use the product confidently at home and achieve success by following the instructions accurately or watching the instruction video (see our accessories page). You may feel happier attending the salon at first, to get use to the nature of the product and how it applies, for the first time and then top up at home in future.
Q. Will it wash off?
Only if you attempted to bathe before the tan was fully developed, during the four hour period. Once the tan has developed you can shower or bathe as normal.
Q. Can I go swimming?
Swimming in the sea on holiday is fine. However, swimming in baths is not advised as chlorine bleaches the tan.
Q. Can I sunbathe with this product?
The self tan product has no SPF factors in it. Therefore normal protection products would need to be applied on top to sunbathe. We offer a SP15 sports lotion - see our accessories area.
Q. Does the product smell?
The product has a pleasant aromatic scent.
Q. Can vitiligo sufferers use St Tropez?
Yes. Vitiligo sufferers find that this product does help to cover their condition and we have produced a set of application directions specifically for vitiligo sufferers.
Q. I am allergic to other self-tanning products - will I be allergic to this product?
It is very likely that you are allergic to the DHA's present in self tan products. The St Tropez self tan also has these present.
The St Tropez range of products was developed to achieve the perfect self tan. It is very different to any other on the market and so is the application. It is the Aloe Vera base which takes the tan into the skin. This means there is no need to massage the tan into the skin. In fact, if you over rub the tan you will take it off. So, it is very important to note that you do not over rub or massage the tan.
Tinted guide colour
The tan has a tinted guide colour to make the application much easier. You can see exactly where you have put the tan. The guide colour is a pure vegetable dye which will not stain your clothing when dry. Even if it does come off on clothing it will wash straight out. It is this guide colour which gives the 'instant tan look'. After four hours, when the tan has developed, this guide colour can be washed off.
One strength tan
St Tropez is a one strength tan. This means that it will only develop to a maximum strength. It is therefore impossible to put too much product on to the skin. Any excess product will be wasted. As long as all the surface area of skin is covered the tan cannot streak. To obtain a darker tan it is necessary to repeat the process after the original tan has developed. For a lighter tan, custom blend by mixing the tan with St Tropez body moisturiser.
1. Exfoliate. Concentrate on the elbows, hands, knees, ankles and feet.
2. Moisturise the elbows, hands knees, ankles and feet.
Applying the tan
1. We recommend using Latex gloves for application of the tan. Start with the legs. Apply the tan with an even stroking movement finishing at the ankle. Do not over rub. Blend the tan into the foot using St Tropez moisturiser. Use St Tropez wipes or a tissue or to remove any tan from the toenails. Take care to check that you have applied the tan evenly. You will see a white patch if you have missed any area. Simply reapply the tan to any areas you may have missed. Wash your hands if you have got any of the tanning product on them.
2. Repeat this procedure on the mid section taking the tan up to neck. Wash your hands if you have got any of the tanning product on them.
3. The tan can be used full strength on the face. However, if you prefer a lighter tan on the face this can be achieved by custom blending. To custom blend the tan mix it with St Tropez moisturiser in equal proportions. The more moisturiser you use the lighter the tan will be. Apply the tan to the face and spread evenly. Using a mix of tan and moisturiser, blend the tan down the neck to the collarbone. Wash your hands if you have got any of the tanning product on them.
4. Apply the tan to the outer arms, finishing at the wrists. Mix the tan and moisturiser in equal portions and apply to the inner arms, finishing at the wrists. Scrub your hands thoroughly. Apply a small amount of tan to the back of one hand and rub the back of both hands together. Then blend the tan into the hands using the moisturiser. Use St Tropez wipes or a tissue or to remove any tan from the palms and fingernails. St Tropez Remover (see accessories) may also be used up to 4 hours after the application to correct any errors with the application or to easily remove the tan from the palms.
Don't worry if the guide colour looks streaky. When it is dry (10-15 mins) gently stroke off the streaks with a dry flannel. Or we recommend applying the tan in the evening and wash the guide colour off the next morning. Moisturise daily. This will help maintain your tan. St Tropez tan contains no sun protection. Always use a sunscreen when exposed to the sun.
St. Tropez will never go orange because it has a hint of green in the formulation.
Because of the covering power of St Tropez self tan, it has proved to be very effective for use on Vitiligo, stretch marks and scar tissue.